Note that for Spring 2020, the times/nights that we play will depend on the registered teams. If there are greater than 8 teams, we will play on two nights. Matches are currently set for Wednesday at 8:45PM and Thursday at the same time, if needed.
Reverse Coed 4s follows all standard SCVolley Rules (see Standard 6s Rules) with the following exceptions:
- Player requirements: Minimum one woman and minimum one man needed to play, otherwise it is a forfeit.
- Net height: Net height is standard women’s net height.
- Back Row Attacks / Blocks: – If the last team contact is by a male, the player’s last court contact must be behind the 10ft line or a portion of the ball must be below the height of the net when the ball is contacted, otherwise it is a fault. (Translation: Men can only hit behind the 10 foot line. Male players can only block when the last contact from the opposing team came from a male player.
- No Rotation: Players do not need to follow any rotation; teams only need to keep a consistent serving order.
- Finger Action Over Net / Sets Over Net: No finger action / tips over the net, including redirecting on a block. If not attacking, the send over the net must be a bump, closed fist / knuckle, or a set over where the ball is pushed in a straight line (i.e., sets must travel perpendicular to the setter’s shoulders).
- No Guy or Girl Rule: Any combination of players may contact the ball.
- No Jump Serves: Due to the lower net height, jump serves are not allowed and are a service fault.